Saturday, September 22, 2007

Say Anything, The Tornado


My 2007 could come tornado-ing into an unmatched and encompassing climatic point with the new Say Anything album. The new song I've heard hasn't struck me yet, but this doesn't bother or phase me. I am intrigued. My mind is at ease like a calm before a storm, and I am just waiting to get swept into its whirling winds. I hold the highest expectations for Bemis and crew because they have blown my mind lyrically and hook-wise more than any other band. A double-disc, hour and a half epic brain buster like the new album is a feat for the ages, but if there is one band that can do it, it would be Say Anything (and not The Early November). This might be the highlight of my year, for serious. Never has looming disappointment struck with such fear.

No comments: