Monday, June 18, 2007

Brand New (sigh)

Last night, Nathan Lint and I had an AIM conversation that could only be described as epic (in e-terms). It at least lasted for an hour and I learned that 1) he likes Deja Entendu probably just as much as me and 2) Deja Entendu means just as much to him as it does to me. The only person that can equate to this sort of passion and obsession would be Roommate (of course), and even then I don't think she would ever get a lyric tattooed on her body. But Lint wants a Brand New tattoo like me, and for that reason, I'm thinking it might not be such a bad idea. I've spent hours and hours thinking about what new sketch will be forever inked into my skin and Brand New had always been the frontrunner. I've just never had the balls, or the tough skin, to endure the possibility of looking lame. Pulling off a song lyric is almost as difficult as pulling off any band formed after the early 90's.

Right now, I'm watching Seinfeld, wishing I could talk to Coran, and getting all excited about Warped Tour. Roommate and I will chase speeding cars (like kings) for three dates this year (in this order) - Virginia Beach, Baltimore, and Scranton. I guess you could call this our first real touring experience. Which it is. Which is why I am so excited. Which is another reason why I will sweat until I have a solid and satisfying career in the music industry. If I've learned anything about myself, it's that I don't so well with things that I don't want to do. Perhaps this is why Roommate and I met with Chris and Emily tonight. New projects are very much on the horizon; now if we could only come up with a name.

I'm not saying I could ever leave anything behind. I am a girl who believe in memories and rehashing them fondly, but I do know that time expires along with other things. Maybe I sound like a middle-aged working women, but what I'm doing now is only a small fraction of what I will be doing later in life. I'm OK with moving on. It's something I've been working on as of late, and I think I'm getting a lot better at it.

Listen to Mobile.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I found you on blogger. Hot damn. I am lurking around on facebook instead of writing a paper that was due way before school ended.

And I am responding to, "Pulling off a song lyric is almost as difficult as pulling off any band formed after the early 90's." I have a lyric tattooed on my shoulder. I love the lyric. Love thesong and the band. I do not love how badly it has faded in four years and the fact that I have to explain what it means to everyone when I happen to wear a tank top.

Please come to SC and visit. I think we have more in common now than in high school, but then again, we were just babies.