Saturday, June 9, 2007

You're A Spunky Girl

Lady Radiator, Youth Group, The Channels, and "The D in Detriot" by The Anniversary.

Roommate and I are watching Running With Scissors, but I never finished the book. Today is a mind-numbing day - but in a good way. A result of a strange turning of events. Oh, last night. I don't quite know how to process you.

RANDOM -
I used to drive my mom's minivan, a cardinal red box that shook with archaic charm - especially if you pushed it over 80. I loved that hunk of chug and metal and not just because it provided a big backseat and plenty of seatbelts for my friends. I loved that minivan because, from 16 and on, it was more than a vehicle of transportation. It was holy chariot of booming tunes and hopeful lyricism. Everything seemed a bit more significant, a bit more poignant, and a whole lot more romantic behind the dashboard. In that minivan, I heard Deja Entendu for the first and breathless time. In that minivan, the symbols crashed and the bass thunked in grain with the wheels along weathered blacktop. All in that car, in that bubble, in that stereo of sound, I created a world of understanding, appreciation and respect for music that would stick with me from state line to new city, old city to new room, and lastly, new car.



No comments: